Vegan strawberry overnight oats - yummy make-ahead breakfast or snack for school or work. Quick and easy plant-based meal prep idea for busy mornings.
I love when I wake up in the morning and know that my healthy brunch is already prepared. What a relief! Really, those fruity and nutritious overnight oats are my best friend. They make the perfect satisfying and filling on-the-go breakfast without competition. Just like these gorgeous chocolate muffins flavored with these delicious berries.
Well, because we are in the middle of that beautiful spring strawberry season again why not make some good recipes that are tasty and enjoyable while at the same time so incredibly nourishing and comforting? Just like this vibrant smoothie or this colorful and refreshing salad!
You need only 5 minutes of prep time to make this simple recipe for strawberry banana overnight oats (no cooking required). It will become your favorite big-batch breakfast you will make ahead when you travel or host house guests. It is the ultimate picnic food idea for all family, too!
Ingredients to Make the Best Strawberry Overnight Oats Recipe:
- Oats - Old fashioned rolled oats or quick oats. I used gluten-free oats.
- Fresh strawberries - Powerful antioxidant superfood with a unique mouth-watering flavor. You can use frozen too.
- Plant-based milk - I used cashew milk but feel free to use your favorite dairy-free milk.
- Ground flaxseed - I prefer to use it ground because it is easier to digest and to reap the most nutritional benefit from the flax seeds.
- Chia seeds - I love it because it abounds in fiber and omega 3 acids. Meanwhile giving the oats that creamy, pudding-like texture. Yum!
- Maple syrup - To achieve that perfect sweetness. You can substitute it with date syrup or agave. It is up to you which sweetener you prefer.
- Raw pumpkin seeds - another powerhouse rich in valuable nutrients like magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, iron, and other valuable nutrients.
- Banana - I don't have to mention the benefits of this pleasant low-calorie fruit. Bananas boost your digestive and heart health due to their nutrient-dense content.
Time needed: 8 hours and 5 minutes.
How to make strawberry overnight oats from scratch?
- Combine all ingredients
To begin, in a jar or airtight container, simply combine old-fashioned rolled/quick oats, chia seeds, ground flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, halved strawberries, maple syrup, and cashew milk ( or your favorite non-dairy milk like almond milk or oat milk). Mix it all well, seal the container and let it seat overnight in the fridge.
- Decorate and enjoy
In the morning, slice one banana and 4-5 fresh strawberries, decorate your oatmeal, and enjoy it cold straight from the fridge. Also, if you prefer it warm, you can heat it in the microwave before adding the fruit. I find this ratio of milk and oats to yield the perfect consistency but you can add more milk if you like. Your healthy breakfast is ready to enjoy!
Are strawberry overnight oats healthy or not?
Oats are definitely one of the highly beneficial foods for all those who want to lose weight and maintain a balanced diet. They are a good source of carbs and dietary fiber (including the potent beta-glucan fiber) which keeps you full for a long period of time. In fact, they are more digestible after being soaked overnight. This makes them a perfect food for a flat stomach. In, addition they boost your mood and energy levels while lowering your cholesterol and blood sugar and reducing the risk of cancer and heart disease.
Because of their very high fibre content, overnight oats help you with clearing your digestive tract and improving your metabolism. Coupled with fresh strawberries, bananas, and other super seeds they are full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. An ideal quick meal with minimal preparation that keeps you full for hours.
I Hope You'll Love This Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast. It's:
- Naturally sweetened
- Weight-loss friendly food
- Cheap & Budget-friendly family recipe
- Absolutely enjoyable!
Want more easy breakfast ideas? Here are some:
- Moist and fluffy blueberry muffins
- Creamy chocolate avocado smoothie
- Eggless blender spinach banana muffins
- Delightful carrot pineapple muffins
Love this strawberry overnight oats recipe? Pin it for later!
Made these make-ahead strawberry banana oats? If yes, please rate it, leave a comment below, and share your photo on Instagram with the tag @go_eatgreen and hashtag it #go_eatgreen. I would love to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!