Gluten-free strawberry muffins recipe. Eggless homemade chocolate strawberry muffins are easy to make for vegan morning breakfast, brunch, or tasty wholesome snack.
If you have been following me for a while you already know that I love to bake vegan muffins without dairy or eggs. In fact, they are my quick-to-go sweet light treat for all time. I could eat them every day, they are so irresistible! Don't wait, indulge yourself today with these extra moist and fluffy low-calorie strawberry muffins.
These delightful chocolate muffins are bursting with fresh strawberries. Apart from my colorful breakfast smoothies, they are one of my favorite ways to start the day!
These healthy, low-sugar strawberry muffins are a great way to use up some fresh or frozen strawberries. Besides these, you could also try my super immunity-boosting spinach avocado strawberry salad or this vibrant and refreshing banana strawberry smoothie with 3 ingredients! Choose your own favorite and enjoy it!
Simple ingredients for this homemade strawberry muffins recipe:
To make these good bakery-style strawberry muffins recipe you need some common ingredients you probably have on hand right now:
- Fresh strawberries (you can use frozen strawberries too. Make sure you defrost them first and drain off the extra moisture)
- Buckwheat flour (flavorful gluten-free flour, great for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerances)
- Almond milk (use any type of dairy-free milk. Try out my homemade cashew milk or oat milk)
- Granulated sugar (substitute it with brown sugar if you like. With just ½ cup of sugar, these egg-free muffins aren't extremely sweet. Coupled with naturally sweetened fresh strawberries, every bite is filled with just the right amount of sweetness you need for the perfect dessert or lunchbox treat)
- Flax eggs (an amazing alternative to use when baking instead of regular chicken eggs)
- Cacao powder (for that mouthwatering chocolaty flavor)
- Vegetable oil (for beautifully soft and moist texture)
- Vanilla extract (for a satisfying enhancement to all other flavors in this recipe)
- Apple cider vinegar, salt, baking powder, and soda (standard baking ingredients)
- Vegan dark chocolate (for that luscious look and taste)
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How do you make strawberry muffins from scratch?
Make the best chocolate strawberry muffins in a few simple steps:
- Prepare the ingredients and the oven
First, start by preheating the oven to 220 C. Spray the muffin pan with cooking spray. Next, in a medium-sized bowl, combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to allow the milk to curdle while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Make the batter
After that, in a large bowl, mix dry ingredients: buckwheat flour, sugar, cacao powder, baking powder, and soda and salt. In another bowl combine the flax egg, vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil), and vanilla extract. Add almond milk-vinegar mixture and stir to combine. Pour out dry ingredients until all well incorporated. Be careful not to overmix it because overmixing prevents the muffins to be soft and tender. Once the batter is made, gently fold in fresh strawberries. Fill each cup with the mixture. I used a 12 cup muffin tin and filled them to the full.
- Bake the muffins
Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy
Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, break the chocolate and put it in the heatproof bowl. Add the oil. Allow the chocolate to melt, stirring constantly until the chocolate is smooth and melted. Then cover each muffin with melted chocolate and decorate it with chocolate crumbs. You can serve these yummy strawberry muffins immediately! If you have any leftovers, make sure the muffins are completely cooled, then simply store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. Keep them in the refrigerator for up to a week. Freeze for long-term storage.
Why you will love these hearty strawberry muffins. They are:
- Loaded with strawberries
- Delicious muffins even for picky eaters
- Cozy and airy
- Perfectly sweet and tender
- So scrumptious!
More must-try breakfast muffins
- Quick spinach-banana muffins
- Gluten-free carrot pineapple muffins
- Easy 1 bowl banana-blueberry muffins
Love these chocolaty muffins recipe? Pin it for later!
Made this strawberry muffins recipe? If yes, please rate it, leave a comment below, and share your photo on Instagram with the tag @go_eatgreen and hashtag it #go_eatgreen. I would love to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
Leave a Reply