Jump to Recipe
A unique recipe for a pumpkin smoothie that tastes like a creamy pumpkin pie. A healthy fall vegan breakfast drink without yogurt, sugar, or dairy.
Need a quick and filling on-the-go breakfast or a wholesome midday meal that tastes like a dessert?
If you baked my mouthwatering pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and have extra pumpkin puree leftovers sitting in your fridge here is the best idea of using it in a super tasty way!
Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
Boost your metabolism and fill your body with plant-based energy with this low-calorie, weight-loss smoothie in a flash!
This easy recipe for a cinnamon-spiced pumpkin smoothie is highly nutritious and packed with powerful antioxidants and lots of fiber. Moreover, this delicious immunity-boosting pumpkin smoothie is particularly rich in beta carotene which your body turns into vitamin A. What's more important, it's refined-sugar-free, naturally sweetened with dates and bananas.
Did I mention how good this pumpkin smoothie is for digestion? Oh yes, this non-dairy smoothie is a great option if you have digestive problems. It abounds with blended plant fiber, various vitamins, and healthy omega 3 fatty acids that your body will absorb fast and easily.
Clean Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (no yogurt, no sugar)
Our GOD always gives us the best we need, when we need it.
He makes everything beautiful in its season.
That proves true about food, too. He gives us all that fresh produce we need just in time when we need it. And this autumn season He blessed us with wonderful nuts and fruits like pumpkin, apples, walnuts, and many more fresh 7 real foods to get us through this cold flu season.
This healing pumpkin smoothie with almond milk is perfect to add to your clean eating food list to enjoy it any time of the day.
Now, let's make it!
You'll need a few simple and natural unprocessed ingredients to make this super flavorful fall smoothie. Here they are:
- Real pumpkin puree (homemade or canned, NOT a pumpkin pie filling)
- Homemade applesauce
- Flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
- Almond milk
- Pure vanila extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Pomegranate seeds and walnuts (optional)
As always, you can find the full recipe with a list of ingredients with measurements in a printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Time needed: 5 minutes
How to make a pumpkin smoothie at home?
Now you can make a pumpkin pie in a glass without turning on the oven (how awesome, haha!). Enjoy this indulgent smoothie as a recovery post-workout drink or quick afterschool snack. Yes, I'm sure your kids will adore it, too.
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour your extra thick smoothie into glasses. Top it with some pomegranate seeds and chopped walnuts. You can sprinkle more cinnamon if you like and enjoy it.
Pumpkin pairs amazingly well with apples, oranges, cranberries, pears, blueberries, or bananas. In addition, some spices and nuts like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, vanilla, walnuts, hazelnuts, or pecans really bring out its flavor to the next level.
Absolutely! Pumpkins are easy to digest. We already mentioned that pumpkin is an excellent source of fiber. Coupled with unsweetened applesauce and ground flaxseed, it promotes regularity and helps you relieve constipation naturally fast.
Yes, pumpkins are low in calories (49 calories per cup) and high in fiber. If you are looking for a nutrient-dense yet yummy treat this vegan pumpkin smoothie is a perfect choice for you.
Why you'll love this pumpkin puree smoothie? It's:
- Vitamin A rich
- Super refreshing
- Beyond delicious!
More Easy Weight-Loss Smoothie Recipes
- Refreshing Watermelon Smoothie
- Vibrank Peach Smoothie Without Yogurt or Banana
- Perfectly Pink Raspberry Smoothie
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry & Banana Smoothie
- Multivitamin Apple Carrot Orange Smoothie (No Banana)
- Fat Burning Kiwi Smoothie
- Super Cleansing Cranberry Smoothie
- 5 Ingredient Ultra Creamy Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- Vitamin C Rich Orange Smoothie (Quick Immune Booster)
- Light & Bright Pineapple Smoothie
Creamy Pumpkin Smoothie (Tastes Like a Pie!)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree homemade or canned (NOT a pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup homemade applesauce you can use canned or jarred, but I highly recommend you to make your own, it's super easy and way more delicious
- 3 tablespoon flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
- 1 banana frozen
- 3 dates pitted
- ¾ cup almond milk you can use any dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pomegranate seeds and chopped walnuts for topping optional
- If your smoothie is very thick add more milk and blend again
- You don't need to use frozen banana, this smoothie has a creamy texture even you use fresh banana
- The nutrition facts don't include the toppings (pomegranate seed and walnuts)
- It's best to consume it while fresh, store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 day
- This pumpkin puree smoothie is not freezer friendly
Did you try this creamy pumpkin smoothie recipe? If you tried it, please rate it, leave a comment below, and share your photo on Instagram with the tag @go_eatgreen and hashtag it #go_eatgreen. I would love to see your pictures and your comments just make my day!
Follow me on Pinterest for more easy and delicious vegan recipe ideas.