Super Creamy Cashew Milk Recipe (no straining)
This cashew milk recipe is definitely my favorite dairy-free nut milk made at home. Making your own plant milk is so simple and affordable. Particularly for this recipe, it’s not only quick and easy to make but also requires no-straining at all! This delicious cashew milk is my go-to vegan milk for every day!
What is cashew milk
Cashew milk is a refreshing, nutritious, non-dairy milk that is the creamiest of all nut milk. Truly, you just need to soak the cashews overnight or for at least 4-5 hours, drain and blend with cold fresh water. Certainly, the easiest cashew milk recipe you can make at home. This lactose-free milk can be whipped up in an instant.
Why Cashew Milk
Cashew milk is creamy and delicious, plant-based milk made is just 5 minutes. All you need is two simple ingredients: raw cashews and water. If you are like me and want your milk to be sweet, add agave syrup or dates for extra sweetness. Also, you can make a lot of sweet and savory dishes with it. Not to mention it’s completely natural and healthy contrary to any store-bought milk that contains much-added sugar, sweeteners, or other chemicals.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
How to make cashew milk – Step by step
- Soak the cashews
Soak 1 cup cashew nuts overnight or for at least 4-5 hours, then drain and rinse. If you forget to soak the cashew nuts overnight just put them in hot, boiling water for at least 15-20 minutes before proceeding with the recipe.
- Blend it all together
Blend the cashews with 3 cups of fresh cold water. Add 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 2 tbsp agave syrup, and a pinch of salt for extra sweetness and flavor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Play around with the thickness of the milk by increasing or decreasing the amount of water used when blending. Adjust it to your taste. I found my perfect ratio to be 1 cup cashews with 3 cups water. Feel free to experiment with its sweetness too.
- Pour it in storage container
Pour the milk into a storage container and refrigerate it for 3-4 days. Because it separates when stored, don’t forget to shake it before you use it.
Cashew milk has a smooth and velvety texture with a nuttiness that is more subtle compared to almond milk. You can easily customize it to your taste. It tastes so good, just like cow’s milk, in fact, much better! Feel free to use dates, agave syrup, or maple syrup as a natural sweetener. Alternatively, you can add vanilla for some lovely flavor. Additionally, sprinkle some cinnamon powder or some of your favorite spices for a more intense taste. Also, you can easily customize the thickness to suit your needs by adding less or more water.
Sure, you can heat your homemade cashew milk and use it for your favorite recipes. Just set the temperature of your stove on medium to low heat and let the cashew milk heat gradually. But keep in mind that it does thicken when heated.
This vegan homemade milk will keep for about 4 days in the fridge. In my opinion, it’s best to consume it within the first 1-3 days. With this in mind, just make as much as you need. You can easily halve or double this cashew milk recipe depending on your needs and desires.
Because homemade cashew milk doesn’t need to be strained this increases its fiber content. This healthy alternative for dairy milk is naturally lactose-free and suitable for people with dietary and allergy concerns as an alternative to cow’s milk. It’s important to note that it’s richly packed with magnesium, iron, copper, zink, Vitamin K, antioxidants, and healthy unsaturated fats. Ultimately, this simple and highly nutritious beverage is beneficial for your overall body and health.
Cashew Milk Uses
You can enjoy this rich and creamy non-dairy milk right away or put it in your favorite porridge, chia pudding, and a smoothie. That is to say, you can drink this milk like regular cow’s milk: with coffee, tea, or cocoa (this is my favorite version). For example, you can put it on your cereals or soups, hot or cold. In that case, you can use it when you make waffles, pancakes, ice-cream, various sauces, or any kind of baking recipe as well.
Amazing Health Benefits
Made from whole cashews and water, this simple DIY milk is a versatile addition to a healthy diet. Because of its richness in nutrients, it will: boost your heart health, improve your blood sugar, may aid blood clotting, boost your overall immune health. Also, it improves your eyes, bones, and skin health, can prevent anemia, improve your brain function. People struggling with weight loss can make it part of their daily diet because it helps with weight management too.
The best homemade cashew milk recipe
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts soaked overnight or for at least 4-5 hours
- 3 cup fresh cold water, plus extra for soaking increase or decrease the amount of the water depending on the thickness of the milk you want to acheive
- 2 tbsp agave syrup you can use 1-2 soft dates (pitted) instead of the agave nectar or you can omit it completely if you prefer it plain
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract optional
- 1 pinch sea salt optional
- Soak 1 cup cashew nuts overnight or for at least 4-5 hours, then drain and rinse. If you forget to soak the cashew nuts overnight just put them in hot, boiling water for at least 15-20 minutes before proceeding with the recipe.
- Blend the cashews with 3 cups of fresh cold water. Add 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 2 tbsp agave syrup, and a pinch of salt for extra sweetness and flavor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Play around with the thickness of the milk by increasing or decreasing the amount of water used when blending. Adjust it to your taste. I found my perfect ratio to be 1 cup cashews with 3 cups water. Feel free to experiment with its sweetness too.
- Pour the milk into storage container and refrigerate it for 3-4 days. Because it separates when stored, don't forget to shake it before you use it.