Healthy Blueberry Spinach Smoothie Without Yogurt for Quick Weight Loss and a flat belly. This detox low-calorie drink is vegan, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and full of natural fat-burning ingredients!
Learn how to make a creamy banana blueberry breakfast drink to power up your day, boost your metabolism, and make you feel AWESOME.
This sweet frosty blend tastes like blueberry ice cream. Yum!
Packed with antioxidants and tons of nutrition this no-yogurt blueberry and spinach smoothie is perfect for an easy breakfast or a nourishing post-workout snack.
But who said that it cannot be a delicious cold dessert?
Blueberry Smoothie for Weight Loss
Smoothies are a wonderful way to nourish and energize your mind and body fast without feeling bloated or constipated. They are ideal when you need a fast boost of energy to get you through the day.
Did you know that the food you eat has a huge impact on how you look and feel?
Featuring whole, unprocessed foods like antioxidant-rich frozen blueberries, fiber-packed banana, fresh spinach, and omega-3-rich flax and chia seeds, this luxurious fat-burning mix is all you need to jump-start your day.
In fact, this super-rich and flavorful smoothie will support your digestion, speed up your metabolism, reduce inflammation, and help you lose weight naturally without dieting.
Who doesn't like a filling, vibrant, and wholesome breakfast like this?
So don't wait and make this SUPERFOOD smoothie right away!
You'll need only 6 simple, good-for-you ingredients to whip up this hearty blueberry banana spinach smoothie:
- Frozen blueberries
- Frozen banana (ripe)
- Fresh spinach
- Nondairy milk (I used homemade oat milk)
- Flaxseed meal (aka ground flaxseed)
- Chia seeds
As always, you can find the full recipe with a list of ingredients with measurements in a printable recipe card at the end of this post.
How to make a blueberry smoothie without yogurt
Combine. Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Blend. Divide your silky blueberry smoothie into 2 glasses. Top it with more blueberries, spinach leaves, or chia seeds. You can add crispy homemade granola to make it even more filling and satisfying. Enjoy!
Hint. If you like your smoothies sweeter I recommend you to taste and add a teaspoon of maple syrup, agave syrup, or a date to achieve the desired sweetness.
Substitutions and variations
If you need some alternative ingredients for this blueberry weight loss smoothie, give some of these a try.
Banana - you can easily make this blueberry smoothie without banana by replacing it with Greek vegan yogurt, avocado, mango, or cauliflower. To compensate for the sweetness of ripe banana try adding 1-2 dates or a tablespoon of pure maple syrup to your smoothie.
Flaxseeds + Chia seeds - you can use hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, or rolled oats instead. These are a fantastic source of plant-based protein.
Spinach - if you don't have fresh spinach at hand then kale or a mix of greens is a good substitute.
All you need to make this berry spinach smoothie recipe is a high-powered blender.
For maximum nutrition and taste make sure to enjoy this smoothie as soon as you make it. You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Just give it a good shake before consuming.
- Use ripe bananas. Since this blueberry smoothie is relying on banana for sweetness my suggestion is to use a very ripe banana. If it's not sweet enough to your taste you can add pure maple syrup, agave nectar, or dates.
- You can use fresh banana if you don't have frozen at hand.
- For the best cold and creamy consistency, make sure to use at least one frozen fruit.
- A good blender is very important to create a thick, luscious texture.
Absolutely! Morning is a perfect time of the day to drink an energy-boosting smoothie. That's when your body easily absorbs all the micronutrients from all God-given foods like fruits, veggies, and seeds, and quickly transforms them into energy.
I believe there is no better breakfast or brunch than a big glass of cold nutrient-dense smoothie.
It fuels you with essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber and keeps you filled until the next meal. Truly, there is no wrong time to have a smoothie. You can sip it as a post-workout recovery drink, afternoon snack, or as kid-friendly dessert. It's so versatile!
This rich and creamy blend of juicy, pleasantly sweet blueberries paired together with mild, earthy spinach and mixed with sweet tropical banana flavor will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. A perfectly balanced morning treat!
Yes, berry smoothies like this blueberry smoothie are perfect if your goal is to lose weight in a safe and healthy way. This flavorful mix is a convenient way to energize you with fresh, real food ingredients, hydrate your body, and keep you full until your next meal.
This weight-loss blueberry smoothie contains only 232 calories.
More vegan breakfast smoothies for weight loss
Blueberry Spinach Smoothie For Weight Loss (Without Yogurt)
- High-powered blender
- ¾ cup blueberries frozen
- 1 ripe banana frozen
- 1 cup fresh spinach loosely packed
- 1 ½ cup oat milk or any dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If you like your smoothies sweeter I recommend you to taste and add a teaspoon of maple syrup, agave syrup, or a date to achieve the desired sweetness.
- Divide your silky blueberry smoothie into 2 glasses. Top it with more blueberries, spinach leaves, or chia seeds. You can add crispy homemade granola to make it even more filling and satisfying. Enjoy!
- For maximum nutrition and taste make sure to enjoy this smoothie as soon as you make it. You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Just give it a good shake before consuming.
- See the post above for more tips, substitutions, and variations.
Did you try this weight-loss-friendly recipe for a blueberry banana smoothie?
I would greatly appreciate it if you have a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment below.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are so grateful you are here 🙏