Please note that the photos and ingredients of this recipe were updated recently.
This is the best no-bake almond milk pulp cake recipe made with leftovers of homemade almond milk! This delicious cake is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, eggless, and refined-sugar-free. Just like these super decadent chocolate coconut date balls. It's so soft and full of flavor! You need only 10 ingredients to make it! It's super simple and easy to make from the leftover of your homemade almond milk.
What Is Almond Pulp?
After you make almond milk at home, there remain some leftovers from it. The pulp you are left with after all the liquid is strained is what we call almond pulp also known as almond milk paste. Since it is wet, you can dry it out, make flour, and use it in different recipes. But for this recipe, you don't need to do that. Just squeeze out as much liquid as you can from the pulp.
Why use the almond milk leftovers
If you're throwing away the almond milk pulp left in your nut milk bag or strainer, HUGE mistake! You can use it in so many ways and transform it into a mouth-watering energy cake that tastes amazing! This lovely dessert is perfect for before or after a workout. You can prepare this raw, super chocolaty almond pulp cake recipe in just 10 minutes!
Can I make almond milk at home?
I always make my own homemade almond milk. It's fresh, super easy to make, and much cheaper and healthy than any store-bought milk! You can make your own creamy almond milk in minutes and enjoy its sweet nutty flavor. After that, you will enjoy the most delightful recipe for almond pulp as well. It's a win-win situation!
I love my homemade almond milk so much but I don't want to throw away the remains of the leftover almond pulp. Wondering what to do with the remaining almond pulp leftover from making almond milk at home? For this recipe, you don't need to dry/dehydrate it first, just mix all the ingredients together, and that's it! Your tasty vegan cake is ready!
Almond Pulp Chocolate Cake Ingredients
You'll need a few simple and inexpensive ingredients to make this luscious cake. Here is what you'll need:
- Leftover almond pulp
- Whole rolled oats (gluten-free)
- Ground flaxseed
- Maple syrup
- Cacao powder
- Coconut oil
- Pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut flakes (for decoration, optional)
As always, you can find the full recipe with a list of ingredients with measurements in a printable recipe card at the end of this post.
How to make my almond milk pulp cake
This simple no-bake cake from almond milk pulp is so soft and chewy, you'll make it all the time when you make your almond milk. You can make this quick and easy dessert in just 10 minutes because it requires no baking at all! Just mix all the ingredients together, pour it over with homemade melted dark chocolate, and freeze (this is the hardest part 🙂 ).
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Make your almond pulp cake in 10 minutes - just follow these 3 easy steps
- Make the cake base
In a medium-sized bowl mash the dates. If they are not soft enough, put them in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well. After that, add almond milk pulp, rolled oats, ground flaxseed, walnuts (finely chopped), and maple syrup together.
Knead it well with your hands (how fun!) and put it in a square cake pan (I used 7 x 7 inches) lined with parchment paper, pressing down gently.
- Make your homemade dark chocolate
Next, melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan on very low heat if not already melted. Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, cacao powder, and a pinch of salt. Stir constantly until everything is combined thoroughly (3-5 min). The mixture shouldn't have clumps.
- Cover with the chocolate and freeze
Pour the chocolate over the cake mixture in the pan. Freeze for at least one hour. In this way, the slices will be well-formed when you cut them.
- Serve and enjoy
Once the cake is fully cooled and set, remove it from the freezer and peel away the parchment paper. Decorate with coconut flakes if you like. Cut it into square slices and serve. It's so delicious you can’t have just one!
This no-bake almond pulp cake is vegan and gluten-free! It's a super quick and easy snack or dessert. Enjoy your tender, moist, hearty, and entirely vegan cake with a cup of your favorite coffee or tea.
More vegan dessert recipes
- Super Indulgent Vegan Apricot Cake
- Incredibly Moist and Fluffy Apple Cake with Cinnamon and Walnuts (Refined Sugar-Free)
- 5 Ingredient Deliciously Creamy Avocado Pudding
- Yummy No-Bake Chocolate Tahini Cookies
- Irresistible Gluten-Free Strawberry Muffins
- Mouthwatering Dark Chocolate Recipe
- Healthy Spinach Banana Muffins
- Decadent Chocolate Cake with Carob Powder
- Quick Homemade Chocolate Hearts
- Energy Pumpkin Balls
No-Bake Chocolate Almond Milk Pulp Cake (Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free)
- Small saucepan
- Small cake pan
- 1 cup leftover almond pulp the pulp are the remains from making homemade almond milk
- ½ cup gluten-free whole rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup walnuts finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup add an extra 1-2 tablespoon if you like it to be extra sweet
- 3 dates pitted, mashed
For the homemade dark chocolate
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup add more if you prefer it extra sweet
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoon coconut flakes for decoration optional
- In a medium-sized bowl mash the dates. If they are not soft enough, put them in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well. After that, add almond milk pulp, rolled oats, ground flaxseed, walnuts (finely chopped), and maple syrup together. Knead it well with your hands (how fun!) and put it in a square cake pan (I used 7 x 7 inches) lined with parchment paper, pressing down gently.
- Next, melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan on very low heat if not already melted. Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, cacao powder, and a pinch of salt. Stir constantly until everything is combined thoroughly (3-5 min). The mixture shouldn't have clumps.
- Pour the chocolate over the cake mixture in the pan. Freeze for at least one hour. In this way, the slices will be well-formed when you cut them.
- Once the cake is fully cooled and set, remove it from the freezer and peel away the parchment paper. Decorate with coconut flakes if you like. Cut it into square slices and serve. It's so delicious you can’t have just one!
Don’t forget to pin or share this post so you’ll have this no-bake almond pulp cake recipe ready when you need it!
Made this chocolate almond pulp cake? Please comment below and share your photo on Instagram with the tag @go_eatgreen and hashtag it #go_eatgreen.
I would love to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
Follow me on Pinterest for more easy and delicious vegan recipe ideas.
Wow! This is such a great way to use up that almond milk pulp. I make homemade nut milks all the time! This looks absolutely delicious and so healthy for you. I'm looking forward to trying it!
I always make my own milk at home, too, Anaiah. Using up that leftover almond milk pulp is such a wonderful way to make something sweet and delicious! It's a win-win 🙂 Let me know if you give this no-bake cake a try. And thanks for commenting!
I’m not great at baking vegan desserts , but this is such a great recipe!
Thank you, Kaitlin, yes, this super easy almond pulp cake requires no baking at all!
I love the great use of leftover almond pulp. Thank you, Marinela, for an Easter treat that's nutritious and not too sweet :))
I'm so glad you love my no-bake almond pulp cake, Leanda! Yes, it's light and not too sweet, an ideal dessert for keeping our health goals on track. Thank you so much for commenting!