Best Mediterranean corn salad with black beans tossed in a spicy homemade dressing! Simple side dish or appetizer that's amazingly flavorful, super filling, and requires no cooking at all.
Truly, this easy salad mix with corn, black beans, tomato, avocado, cucumber, and pepper is the perfect blend of textures, color, and flavor. Not to mention it looks brilliant, especially if you serve it with warm homemade tortillas, crispy roasted potatoes, or crunchy chickpeas. You can sprinkle it with vegan parmesan cheese for another level of deliciousness.
Easiest. Healthiest. Tastiest. Salad. Ever.
Love more Mediterranean salad recipes?
Healthy Black Bean And Corn Salad
Having access to plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables daily is a great blessing from God. It may sound strange to you, but I find real joy when I come home from the trip to the local farmer's market. I can't wait to taste each of the healthful produce and make some nutritious dishes for lunch or dinner.
A good salad is the favorite part of my plant-based diet. Recently, I made this quick and nutrient-dense salad that features lots of colorful veggies and zingy Mediterranean-style vinaigrette.
And trust me, this corn salad with black beans tastes as good as it looks. It's a yummy way to add plant protein and get your daily dose of greens into a single vegan meal. Feel free to make it ahead and save it for later, it even tastes better the day after! Super yum!
Regardless of the season this black bean and corn salad with surely amaze everyone around the table. Besides that, it's such an inexpensive meal that completely beats any store-bought salad or pre-made meal.
Moreover, it's a cheap meal prep idea to keep your budget on track and please your entire family. Plus, you can easily double and triple the recipe for a large party or gathering.
Now, let's go into the kitchen, put on our favorite song, and start chopping!
Ingredients For This Black Bean And Corn Salad
This recipe for corn salad with black beans calls for a delicious mix of colorful whole foods:
- Black beans (canned)
- Corn kernels (fresh, frozen, canned)
- Plum cherry tomatoes (or any tomato you have on hand)
- Red and green peppers
- Red onion
- Fresh parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Pure maple syrup
- Salt, ground cumin, chili powder, ground black pepper
As always, you can find the full recipe with a list of ingredients with measurements in a printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Time needed: 15 minutes
How do you make corn salad with black beans?
You will need around 15 minutes to make this gorgeous bowl of corn salad with black beans and fresh veggies.
- Make the dressing
First, in a small container whisk olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, ground cumin, chili powder, and ground black pepper.
- Assemble the veggies
Then, in a big salad bowl mix rinsed black beans, corn, quartered cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, finely chopped cucumber, finely chopped red and green pepper, diced onion, and parsley.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Serve and enjoy
Serve immediately and enjoy with tortilla chips, crispy roasted potatoes, or crunchy chickpeas. You can make it ahead, and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days in advance. Just wait to add the avocado and dressing just before serving.
Without the avocado and dressing added, this corn salad with black beans keeps quite well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
No, canned black beans are already cooked and ready to eat right away. Simply drain and rinse them well before serving.
Canned black beans are a convenient, ready-to-use ingredient you can enjoy in so many dishes. They are packed with plant-based protein, fiber, folate, iron, magnesium, and other essential nutrients. At the same time, they are low in fat and calories. This makes them an excellent weight-loss-friendly food to add to your diet. However canned black beans can be high in salt so it is a good idea to always drain and rinse them before consuming.
You can easily transform this Mediterranean black beans and corn salad into salsa. The ingredients are the same, just chop them finely into small uniform chunks.
Yes, this salad is both vegetarian and vegan. It's also gluten-free and dairy-free, suitable for people with allergies and dietary restrictions.
What Goes With Black Bean And Corn Salad
- Warm tortillas or unleavened flatbread
- A sprinkle of homemade vegan parmesan cheese
- High-protein quinoa patties
- Drizzle it with this creamy ranch dressing
- Pair it with oven-roasted broccoli
- Serve it with crispy potato latkes or these GF zucchini fritters
More Easy Salad Recipes (Vegan)
- Vegan Tuna Salad (High-Protein & Fish-Free)
- Cucumber Vinegar Salad For Weight Loss
- Refreshing Butter Lettuce Salad
- Spring Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad With Walnuts
- Best Potato Salad Without Eggs or Mayo
Mediterranean Corn Salad With Black Beans
- 1 big salad bowl
- 1 Knife
- 1 Wooden cutting board
- 1 cup black beans canned (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh, frozen, canned
- 1 cup plum cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 avocado peeled, pit removed, diced
- 1 english cucumber finely chopped
- 1 red pepper seeded, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper seeded, finely chopped
- 1 red onion finely diced (about ½ cup)
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small container whisk olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, ground cumin, chili powder, and ground black pepper.
- Then, in a big salad bowl mix rinsed black beans, corn, quartered cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, finely chopped cucumber, finely chopped red and green pepper, diced onion, and parsley. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with tortilla chips, crispy roasted potatoes, or crunchy chickpeas. You can make it ahead, and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days in advance. Just wait to add the avocado and dressing just before serving.
- Chop everything into small uniform pieces for the best flavor distribution and beautiful appearance.
- I used 2 medium-sized red and green peppers with a mild taste and heat but feel free to use another combo like red bell pepper and jalapeno/serrano pepper if you prefer a hotter taste.
- Instead of parsley, you can use cilantro, or you can substitute cherry tomatoes with finely diced regular tomatoes. Also, you can adjust the spices according to your taste.
Don’t forget to pin or share this post so you’ll have this filling Mediterranean salad recipe ready when you need it!
Did you try this easy corn salad with black beans? If yes, please rate it, leave a comment below, and share your photo on Instagram with the tag @go_eatgreen and hashtag it #go_eatgreen. I would love to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
Follow me on Pinterest for more easy and delicious vegan recipe ideas.