Jump to Recipe
This is the best simple green salad recipe that goes perfectly with just anything. It's a healthy vegan side dish for any family meal! I believe we should appreciate simple things in life. Especially the food that God gives us and that are God's healing plants. Sometimes we tend to spend a lot of time and energy preparing and cooking fancy meals that are amazing, and that's ok but there is beauty in simplicity too.
Fresh Green Salad Benefits
Eating fresh and raw organic veggies has the power to significantly improve your mood and energy, in other words, your overall health. In fact, by preparing this easy green salad you will get the most enzymes, vitamins, and minerals needed for good health. It's so hard to resist this refreshing green salad!
This simple salad recipe is:
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Weight-loss salad
- Super simple and easy to make
- So delicious!
Time needed: 10 minutes
How to Make Green Salad - Step by Step
- Wash your salad greens
First, run cool water and wash thoroughly your salad greens: cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, and spinach. At the same time, remove any damaged parts or leaves.
- Chop it up
Second, on a wooden cutting board finely chop up all vegetables except the spinach. Chop it into bite-sized pieces. Leave the spinach leaves whole.
- Mix it and enjoy
Finally, place all salad greens in a large salad bowl. If you are ready to serve your salad you can toss it with basic vinaigrette dressing (balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt). Use salad tongs or two large spoons to gently combine. Start with less dressing, tossing to mix, and drizzle more as needed until the salad is dressed to your liking. Mix it well and enjoy it immediately. Serve it with anything you like, your favorite lunch, dinner, or as a healthy snack.
Healthy ingredients for this mixed vegetable salad
- Cabbage - This healthy green plant has an impressive nutrient profile. In fact, this low-calorie vegetable is particularly rich in Vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that protects against heart disease, vision loss, and various types of cancers. It improves your digestion because it contains insoluble fiber that helps fuel your friendly gut bacteria thus promoting regular bowel movements.
- Green leaf lettuce - With its mild taste this bright green veggie makes it a great choice for children and picky eaters. In essence, green leaf lettuce is low in calories and high in potassium and vitamins A and K. It increases the level of powerful antioxidants in your blood. Lettuce is also a good source of various health-beneficial bioactive compounds that strengthen your immune system.
- Broccoli - A nutritional powerhouse of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. In brief, this wholesome addition to your diet contains various potent antioxidants that may support healthy cells and tissues throughout your body. It's important to note that eating raw broccoli may have a cancer-preventative effect, lower your blood sugar and improve diabetic control.
- Spinach - By eating this green vegetable you'll improve eye health, reduce blood sugar, reduce oxidative stress, or prevent many types of cancers. Consuming spinach greatly benefits your digestion because it is low in carbs and contains insoluble fiber. This extremely nutrient-rich leafy green packs high amounts of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, calcium, folic acid, iron, and carotenoids.
I make this 10-minute salad several times a week because it's so easy! This mixed green salad is my default. For this reason, you have no excuses when it comes to this healthy green salad recipe. Just wash all greens, chop them up, drizzle with some balsamic vinaigrette and toss it well. Serve it immediately, it's so simple!
It's very important to eat your veggies every single day! Since green salads are low in calories and rich in natural fiber, they will help you with your digestion process. A shown above, green vegetables feed your good gut bacteria, normalize your bowel movements, and increases the level of powerful antioxidants in your blood. As can be seen from the many health benefits green veggies provide it is certain that they help you with weight loss and healthy weight maintenance.
Serve this chopped green salad as a healthy side dish for lunch with roasted potatoes, rice, any kind of stew (bean, lentil, peas with mushrooms), tofu, with all your meals indeed. For example, you can consume it as a meal replacement, for light dinner, or a tasty snack when you are trying to lose weight and slim down.
Simple Green Salad Recipe
- Salad Bowl
- ½ head small green cabbage shredded
- 7 leaves green lettuce cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1 cup spinach
- ⅛ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar decrease the amount if you prefer less sour salad
- salt to taste
- Run cool water and wash thoroughly your salad greens: cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, and spinach. Remove any damaged parts or leaves.
- On a wooden cutting board finely chop up all vegetables except the spinach. Chop up into bite-sized pieces. Leave the spinach leaves whole.
- Place all salad greens in a large salad bowl. If you are ready to serve your salad you can toss it with basic vinaigrette dressing (balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt). Use salad tongs or two large spoons to gently combine. Start with less dressing, tossing to mix, and drizzle more as needed until the salad is dressed to your liking. Mix it well and enjoy it immediately. Serve it with anything you like, your favorite lunch, dinner, or as a healthy snack.
Love this fresh fat burning salad? Pin it for later!
Made this simple green salad recipe? Please rate it, leave a comment below, and share your photo on Instagram with the tag @go_eatgreen and hashtag it #go_eatgreen. I would love to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!