Easy watermelon slushie with only 3 ingredients and tons of flavor! This healthy refreshing summer drink is made with organic real fruit, and it is also vegan, sugar-free, alcohol-free, and so tasty.
Looking for a creative and delicious idea to use a juicy watermelon?
Meet the best and super flavorful watermelon slush made without alcohol and no sugar added. Bonus? It will hydrate your cells and satisfy your sweet tooth instantly and naturally. Your body will surely thank you for this low-calorie frosty drink!
Homemade Watermelon Slushie
Do you know what is the best part? Both kids and adults can sip on this gorgeous homemade watermelon slushie. It features ripe watermelon, lime zing, a hint of fresh mint, and a maple touch (optional, but highly recommended).
Quench your thirst during the summer heat with this bright and light icy summertime beverage!
This cold non-alcoholic watermelon drink is ideal whether you are planning a courtyard family gathering or a pool party. Everyone will be impressed with this unique fruity treat with brilliant red color.
If you are a watermelon lover you will surely love this Mediterranean watermelon cucumber salad without feta or this dairy-free watermelon smoothie. They are such refreshing summer treats, too!
Watermelon Slushie Ingredients
All you need is a few budget-friendly staples and a blender to make this quick and easy watermelon slush drink:
- Frozen watermelon cubes (ripe, seedless, for the best texture and flavor)
- Lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Maple syrup (for extra sweetness, optional)
As always, you can find the full recipe with a list of ingredients with measurements in a printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Time needed: 5 minutes
How To Make Watermelon Slushie At Home?
- Blend the ingredients
Toss frozen watermelon cubes together with freshly squeezed lime juice, mint leaves, and maple syrup (if using) in a high-powered blender. Pulse until thick, slushy consistency forms (do not over-blend it).
- Serve and enjoy
Divide it between 2 glasses. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, lime slices, or watermelon wedges. Enjoy immediately because it tends to separate as it sits (if that happens give it a little whirl with a straw or a spoon).
Of course, all you need to do is cut the watermelon into cubes, arrange it on a sheet or pan covered with parchment paper or aluminum foil, and freeze for at least 2-3 hours. Once the pieces are frozen you can transfer them to ziplock freezer bags or an airtight container. If your melon isn't seedless you can remove the seeds before freezing it. Frozen watermelon will last in the freezer for 3-4 months.
I don't recommend you make it ahead since it will not retain its texture and flavor. It is always a good idea to have frozen watermelon cubes at hand so you can simply blend and enjoy them right away.
Watermelon fruit is incredibly nutritious. It's fat-free, cholesterol-free, low in calories, rich in Vitamin C, and powerful antioxidants (especially lycopene). Moreover, it may improve your heart health, won't spike your blood sugar, it's easy to digest, and is surprisingly good for your skin. It's a great addition to your clean eating diet.
If you can find it, yes, it's absolutely ok to eat it every day in reasonable proportions. Watermelon is seasonable fruit so it's best to enjoy it daily while in season and grown locally. Although you can find it all year round in some supermarkets, it won't taste the same having been kept in storage facilities for a longer period of time.
Losing weight and having a flat belly isn't about eating one specific "fat-burning" food. It's about eating nutrient-dense, plant-based food and exercising regularly. But you can quickly shed belly fat if you snack on fresh watermelon instead of ice cream or potato chips. Due to its high water content, watermelon will keep you hydrated and help you feel full longer.
Frozen watermelon chunks will last for 3-4 months.
Watermelon Slushie Calories
This watermelon slushy drink contains only 124 calories.
Why You Will Love This Easy Recipe For Watermelon Slush, it is:
- Naturally Sweetened
- Vegan & Vegetarian
- No Sugar Needed
- Bursts With Flavor!
More Refreshing Summer Drinks
- Pink Raspberry Smoothie
- Vibrant Pineapple Blend
- Weight-Loss Blueberry Morning Drink
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry Smoothie
- Delightful Peach & Raspberry Blend
Easy Watermelon Slushie Recipe (3 Ingredients)
- 1 Blender
- 4 cups watermelon cubes frozen
- 2 tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves fresh
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional but highly recommended especially if the watermelon is not too sweet
- Toss frozen watermelon cubes together with freshly squeezed lime juice, mint leaves, and maple syrup (if using) in a high-powered blender. Pulse until thick, slushy consistency forms, do not over-blend it.
- Divide it between 2 glasses. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, lime slices, or watermelon wedges. Enjoy immediately because it tends to separate as it sits (if that happens give it a little whirl with a straw or a spoon).
- For a smoother texture, remove seeds beforehand if you don't use seedless watermelon
- Let watermelon chunks sit in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours before making the slushie
- If your blender has a hard time blending frozen watermelon cubes let them defrost for about 2 minutes before processing
- Don't skip maple syrup if you love your slushie on the sweeter side
- You can substitute maple syrup with agave or rice syrup
Don’t forget to pin or share this post so you’ll have this summer drink recipe ready when you need it!
Did you try this easy watermelon slushie recipe? If yes, please rate it, leave a comment below, and share your photo on Instagram with the tag @go_eatgreen and hashtag it #go_eatgreen. I would love to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
Follow me on Pinterest for more easy and delicious vegan recipe ideas.