Jump to Recipe
This recipe for vegan spaghetti makes the best quick and easy weeknight dinner. Healthy meal idea for busy moms to feed the whole family.
Eat green and clean because healthy never tasted so good!
I absolutely love veggie pasta dishes! Don't you? It's the simplest and most delicious way to eat your greens just like this comforting 1 pot soup. This homemade vegan spaghetti is one of those meals that will keep you full and satisfied without gaining weight. Super awesome!
What happens when you eat greens every day
There is something special and delightful in eating all that God made plant-based food full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It gives you energy, makes you stronger while renewing your body and mind. You cannot get all these essential nutrients from other foods except plants. All-natural, organic food supports your immune system, detoxifies your body, and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, and various types of cancer.
How do I eat my greens
Make green shine in new, tasty ways! Like this easy vegan spaghetti dish, there are so many ways to incorporate your greens into your daily diet. Start your day with this perfectly green smoothie without sugar or this fat-burning smoothie. You can make a refreshing salad, cozy stew for lunch, rich avocado dip for your toast, even fluffy breakfast pancakes! Mmm yummy!
Vegan Spaghetti with Vegetables
I know it's difficult to find tasty vegetable recipes for kids that they'll actually love. If my cousin who is one of those picky eaters ate this creamy spaghetti dish without meat in minutes, I'm sure it'll become your kids' favorite too!
With minimal preparation and a few simple ingredients, you will have the most wonderfully filling and enjoyable family dinner after a busy workday at the office or home.
Plus, it's an easy-to-make meal prep in large quantities, perfect to make for potlucks or family gatherings. It's cheap, quick, and incredibly appetizing.
What is in vegan spaghetti?
This meatless pasta recipe requires only wholesome, nourishing ingredients you probably have in your kitchen:
- A pack of spaghetti (17.5 oz / 500 gr) - regular, whole wheat or brown rice spaghetti
- Avocado (1 big or 2 small avocados) - great way to use up under or over ripe avocados
- Fresh parsley
- Swiss chard
- 2 small garlic cloves
- Lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, cumin powder, freshly ground black pepper - for infusing that fantastic flavor
As always, you can find the full recipe with a list of ingredients with measurements in a printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
How do I cook green spaghetti from scratch?
Making pasta loaded with nutrient-dense vegetables is our favorite weeknight-friendly dish. This flavor-packed vibrant plate is almost effortless to make. Can you believe it is ready in 15 minutes or less?
- Cook the spaghetti
First, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Make the sauce
While the pasta is cooking, blend all the ingredients (the veggies, olive oil, water, and seasonings) in a blender or food processor. Blitz until smooth and creamy. If you don't have a blender simply put the ingredients in a bowl and puree the sauce with a handheld immersion blender.
- Mix it all
In the end, drain the spaghetti. Transfer the sauce to the cooked spaghetti pot while still hot. Mix it all well until spaghetti is evenly coated with the raw green sauce. Serve it immediately with vegan feta cheese or parmesan and enjoy!
I hope you will LOVE this recipe for vegan spaghetti made in 1 pot. It's:
- Vegan and vegetarian
- Bursting with Mediterrnean flavor
More Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Baked potato-zucchini fritters without eggs (gluten-free)
- Incredible vegan fritatata with chickpea flour
- Flavorful red lentil soup
- Delicious low-calorie oyster mushroom recipe
Recipe for Vegan Spaghetti (15 Minute Weeknight Dinner)
- Cooking pot
- Blender, food processor or immersion blender
- Spaghetti 17.5 oz. / 500 gr regular, whole wheat, brown rice spaghetti use any gluten-free pasta of choice for gluten-free diet
- 1 big avocado
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup swiss chard
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 4 tablespoon water
- Salt, cumin powder, freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5-6 chopped radishes optional
- First, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, blend all the ingredients (the veggies, olive oil, water, and seasonings) in a blender or food processor. Blitz until smooth and creamy. If you don't have a blender simply put the ingredients in a bowl and puree the sauce with a hand-held immersion blender.
- In the end, drain the spaghetti. Transfer the sauce to the cooked spaghetti pot while still hot. Mix it all well until spaghetti is evenly coated with the raw green sauce. Serve it immediately with vegan feta cheese or parmesan and enjoy!
- You can use any type of pasta for this recipe. Choose gluten-free pasta if you are gluten-intolerant.
- This recipe is so versatile, you can swap the arugula, parsley, and chard with fresh spinach, kale, or broccoli.
- I find that this green pasta is best to be eaten the same day it is made or within 24 hours.
Love this quick spaghetti recipe? Pin it for later!
Made this recipe for vegan spaghetti? If yes, please rate it, leave a comment below, and share your photo on Instagram with the tag @go_eatgreen and hashtag it #go_eatgreen. I would love to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
Follow me on Pinterest for more easy and delicious vegan recipe ideas.
Oh my goodness, this recipe was so delicious! I loved the green sauce and how creamy it was!
Lovely to hear that you like my easy recipe for green spaghetti. Thank you, Kayla!
I loved the recipe! A very good example of clean eating! The flavor was spot on! thanks for sharing!
I'm glad you liked it Tavo!
This recipe was absolutely PERFECT! I love the simplicity of it yet how it is still so flavorful! It's such an easy to make and healthy weeknight dinner for the family. It didn't leave me feeling heavy at all!
I say this all the time when I make this green spaghetti recipe, Anaiah! I could eat 2 servings of it without feeling heavy at all 🙂
I love easy plant based recipes like this spaghetti. The avocado made this dish so creamy. Plus, it's so nutritious for you!
Thanks so much for this lovely review, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!
I love simple pasta dishes like this one... and it was so easy and quick that I think this pasta dish is going to become a regular here. Even my daughter like it and she doesn't normally go anywhere near anything with radishes in it.
Ohhh I'm happy to hear that children eat wholesome, healthy foods that are nourishing and so good for them! It's so important! Thank you for this lovely review, Julia!
I never had avocado in a salad before, but this looks and sounds absolutely delicious. The green color of the sauce is phenomenal. I love how healthy and comforting this dish is.
I'm happy to hear that you loved this easy spaghetti dish, Aya, thanks for your lovely review!